MasterCard is working with other payment networks, acquirers and processors to develop a standard that will reduce EMV checkout times. “These efforts will be based on the company’s M/Chip Fast solution,” MasterCard says. “It builds on the principles of contactless or tap and go technology, helping to speed EMV transactions and shoppers through checkout lines. Testing and certification for M/Chip Fast is streamlined for efficient adoption.” The company unveiled M/Chip Fast in April 2016.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills