MasterCard is working with other payment networks, acquirers and processors to develop a standard that will reduce EMV checkout times. “These efforts will be based on the company’s M/Chip Fast solution,” MasterCard says. “It builds on the principles of contactless or tap and go technology, helping to speed EMV transactions and shoppers through checkout lines. Testing and certification for M/Chip Fast is streamlined for efficient adoption.” The company unveiled M/Chip Fast in April 2016.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends