MasterCard is working with other payment networks, acquirers and processors to develop a standard that will reduce EMV checkout times. “These efforts will be based on the company’s M/Chip Fast solution,” MasterCard says. “It builds on the principles of contactless or tap and go technology, helping to speed EMV transactions and shoppers through checkout lines. Testing and certification for M/Chip Fast is streamlined for efficient adoption.” The company unveiled M/Chip Fast in April 2016.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands