MasterCard is working with other payment networks, acquirers and processors to develop a standard that will reduce EMV checkout times. “These efforts will be based on the company’s M/Chip Fast solution,” MasterCard says. “It builds on the principles of contactless or tap and go technology, helping to speed EMV transactions and shoppers through checkout lines. Testing and certification for M/Chip Fast is streamlined for efficient adoption.” The company unveiled M/Chip Fast in April 2016.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations