MasterCard is working with other payment networks, acquirers and processors to develop a standard that will reduce EMV checkout times. “These efforts will be based on the company’s M/Chip Fast solution,” MasterCard says. “It builds on the principles of contactless or tap and go technology, helping to speed EMV transactions and shoppers through checkout lines. Testing and certification for M/Chip Fast is streamlined for efficient adoption.” The company unveiled M/Chip Fast in April 2016.
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China