Apple is “working rapidly” to expand Apple Pay across more countries in Asia and Europe, Jennifer Bailey, VP of the mobile payment service, has told TechCrunch. “Our goal is to have Apple Pay in every significant market Apple is in,” Bailey said. “We have announced Hong Kong, [and] across the [Asia Pacific] region, we’re talking to many partners and banks and evaluating how quickly we can bring Apple Pay to new markets.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform