Africa’s Absa Bank has launched ChatBanking, a service that will let customers conduct day-to-day banking on social network Twitter. “In a one-time only process, you will register in a secure environment which will link your Twitter profile to your Absa bank account,” Absa says. Customers can use the service to check their balance, buy airtime or data and view recent transactions. Emirates Islamic Bank also launched a banking service using Twitter in April 2016.
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada