Africa’s Absa Bank has launched ChatBanking, a service that will let customers conduct day-to-day banking on social network Twitter. “In a one-time only process, you will register in a secure environment which will link your Twitter profile to your Absa bank account,” Absa says. Customers can use the service to check their balance, buy airtime or data and view recent transactions. Emirates Islamic Bank also launched a banking service using Twitter in April 2016.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments