Africa’s Absa Bank has launched ChatBanking, a service that will let customers conduct day-to-day banking on social network Twitter. “In a one-time only process, you will register in a secure environment which will link your Twitter profile to your Absa bank account,” Absa says. Customers can use the service to check their balance, buy airtime or data and view recent transactions. Emirates Islamic Bank also launched a banking service using Twitter in April 2016.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service