The global mobile biometrics market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 103% between 2016 and 2020, research from Technavio predicts. “The increase in the adoption of mobile devices for financial transactions is the primary driver for the market,” the firm says.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes