Samsung Pay has invited a “select group of consumers” in Singapore to begin beta testing the mobile payment service ahead of an anticipated launch in Q2 2016. “Response from consumers is encouraging, with thousands who have signed up,” Samsung says. “Registration has now closed and eligible consumers will be notified progressively ahead of the Samsung Pay Beta Test Program.” Citibank Singapore has also announced that it will support Samsung Pay when it launches in the country.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year