Samsung Pay has invited a “select group of consumers” in Singapore to begin beta testing the mobile payment service ahead of an anticipated launch in Q2 2016. “Response from consumers is encouraging, with thousands who have signed up,” Samsung says. “Registration has now closed and eligible consumers will be notified progressively ahead of the Samsung Pay Beta Test Program.” Citibank Singapore has also announced that it will support Samsung Pay when it launches in the country.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform