Samsung Pay has invited a “select group of consumers” in Singapore to begin beta testing the mobile payment service ahead of an anticipated launch in Q2 2016. “Response from consumers is encouraging, with thousands who have signed up,” Samsung says. “Registration has now closed and eligible consumers will be notified progressively ahead of the Samsung Pay Beta Test Program.” Citibank Singapore has also announced that it will support Samsung Pay when it launches in the country.
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars
- Queensland to roll out state-wide open loop ticketing for trains, buses and ferries
- China’s national transit card system to cover 260 cities this year
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments