Customers of Canada’s TD Bank, Scotiabank and BMO Bank of Montreal can now make in-store and in-app payments using Apple Pay. TD Bank and Scotiabank announced that they would be supporting Apple Pay last month, but “the three major banks’ launch is coming sooner than anticipated,” says the Financial Post. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system
- Kenyan charity issues contactless wristbands to students for discounted meal payments