Customers of Canada’s TD Bank, Scotiabank and BMO Bank of Montreal can now make in-store and in-app payments using Apple Pay. TD Bank and Scotiabank announced that they would be supporting Apple Pay last month, but “the three major banks’ launch is coming sooner than anticipated,” says the Financial Post. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones