Customers of Canada’s TD Bank, Scotiabank and BMO Bank of Montreal can now make in-store and in-app payments using Apple Pay. TD Bank and Scotiabank announced that they would be supporting Apple Pay last month, but “the three major banks’ launch is coming sooner than anticipated,” says the Financial Post. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments