Square’s contactless chip reader can now be paid for in instalments of US$1 per week for 60 weeks. “We know that cash can be tight as you are getting your business up and running but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on the best technology available,” the company says. CEO Jack Dorsey revealed in March 2016 that Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for the reader. The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works