Square’s contactless chip reader can now be paid for in instalments of US$1 per week for 60 weeks. “We know that cash can be tight as you are getting your business up and running but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on the best technology available,” the company says. CEO Jack Dorsey revealed in March 2016 that Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for the reader. The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement