Square’s contactless chip reader can now be paid for in instalments of US$1 per week for 60 weeks. “We know that cash can be tight as you are getting your business up and running but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on the best technology available,” the company says. CEO Jack Dorsey revealed in March 2016 that Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for the reader. The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards