The global mobile ticketing market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 16% between 2016 and 2020, according to Technavio. “In 2015, EMEA dominated the global mobile ticketing market by accounting for around 42% of the overall market share,” the firm says. “The QR and barcodes segment accounted for around 50% of the market in 2015 to become the dominant shareholder.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases