The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of Visa Europe by Visa. “Visa has now received all regulatory approvals required for the acquisition,” Visa says. “The transaction has already been cleared by both the Jersey and the Turkish competition authorities. The transaction is expected to close in Visa Inc’s fiscal third quarter of 2016. Visa will announce the closing once it has occurred.”
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’