India’s HDFC Bank is to launch a mobile payment service that will support NFC, host card emulation (HCE) and QR code based payments in order to compete with other mobile payment services that are expected to roll out in the country, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay. “PayZapp contains a prepaid wallet and a virtual prepaid card,” Times of India reports. “Bank customers can also store their credit or debit cards in a dematerialized form in the app and use them for electronic payments.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?