Samsung Pay is expected to launch in Australia next week, an invitation to a press conference scheduled for June 15 reveals. “A hands-on demonstration at the event means that local infrastructure is almost certainly in place so a widespread customer launch is likely to be imminent or immediate,” Gizmodo Australia reports. American Express revealed it was gearing up to support Samsung Pay in Australia in April 2016.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’