Samsung Pay is expected to launch in Australia next week, an invitation to a press conference scheduled for June 15 reveals. “A hands-on demonstration at the event means that local infrastructure is almost certainly in place so a widespread customer launch is likely to be imminent or immediate,” Gizmodo Australia reports. American Express revealed it was gearing up to support Samsung Pay in Australia in April 2016.
- Hong Kong links QR codes to faster payments to boost mobile wallet adoption
- Japanese bank pilots blockchain mobile payments in bars and restaurants
- Armani launches Wear OS smartwatch with NFC payments
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements
- Apple to focus on access control for next wave of NFC applications