Samsung Pay is expected to launch in Australia next week, an invitation to a press conference scheduled for June 15 reveals. “A hands-on demonstration at the event means that local infrastructure is almost certainly in place so a widespread customer launch is likely to be imminent or immediate,” Gizmodo Australia reports. American Express revealed it was gearing up to support Samsung Pay in Australia in April 2016.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa