Singapore bank UOB expects that NFC mobile payments will account for 10% of all its card transactions by 2020 on the back of “swift adoption of Apple Pay”, according to The Business Times. Around 19,000 cards from UOB have been enabled for Apple Pay in just two weeks since the bank announced its support for the service in May 2016.
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores