More than 40 US financial institutions have begun implementing the Visa Digital Commerce App, an issuer-branded mobile app that enables card management services such as account balance information, card controls and alerts. The platform also includes token services for NFC mobile payments. “The Visa Digital Commerce App brings together a comprehensive set of services to empower financial institution clients of all sizes to quickly offer their own digital payment experience to cardholders,” says Visa’s Oliver Jenkyn.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions