More than 40 US financial institutions have begun implementing the Visa Digital Commerce App, an issuer-branded mobile app that enables card management services such as account balance information, card controls and alerts. The platform also includes token services for NFC mobile payments. “The Visa Digital Commerce App brings together a comprehensive set of services to empower financial institution clients of all sizes to quickly offer their own digital payment experience to cardholders,” says Visa’s Oliver Jenkyn.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes