More than 40 US financial institutions have begun implementing the Visa Digital Commerce App, an issuer-branded mobile app that enables card management services such as account balance information, card controls and alerts. The platform also includes token services for NFC mobile payments. “The Visa Digital Commerce App brings together a comprehensive set of services to empower financial institution clients of all sizes to quickly offer their own digital payment experience to cardholders,” says Visa’s Oliver Jenkyn.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends