Microsoft will unveil a new Wallet 2.0 app this summer that will bring with it host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments, an internal build of the updated app seen by Windows Central reveals. “I was able to enable Tap to Pay successfully on a Bank of America debit card,” the publication reports. “When first launched, Wallet will check your Microsoft Account for any credit cards already linked and import those for Tap to Pay. My Lumia 950 even utilized Windows Hello for my account authentication.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works