Microsoft will unveil a new Wallet 2.0 app this summer that will bring with it host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments, an internal build of the updated app seen by Windows Central reveals. “I was able to enable Tap to Pay successfully on a Bank of America debit card,” the publication reports. “When first launched, Wallet will check your Microsoft Account for any credit cards already linked and import those for Tap to Pay. My Lumia 950 even utilized Windows Hello for my account authentication.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?