Chinese passengers at Munich Airport will be able to make payments at participating retailers using Alipay from mid-July through a partnership between German payments technology provider Wirecard and airport stores retailer Eurotrade. “Wirecard has integrated Alipay barcode payment into Eurotrade’s central till system,” Wirecard says. “The Alipay mobile payment by barcode will be possible in all 69 Eurotrade shops, at around 160 tills in total, both in the public area and the transfer zones.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills