Chinese passengers at Munich Airport will be able to make payments at participating retailers using Alipay from mid-July through a partnership between German payments technology provider Wirecard and airport stores retailer Eurotrade. “Wirecard has integrated Alipay barcode payment into Eurotrade’s central till system,” Wirecard says. “The Alipay mobile payment by barcode will be possible in all 69 Eurotrade shops, at around 160 tills in total, both in the public area and the transfer zones.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year