Chinese passengers at Munich Airport will be able to make payments at participating retailers using Alipay from mid-July through a partnership between German payments technology provider Wirecard and airport stores retailer Eurotrade. “Wirecard has integrated Alipay barcode payment into Eurotrade’s central till system,” Wirecard says. “The Alipay mobile payment by barcode will be possible in all 69 Eurotrade shops, at around 160 tills in total, both in the public area and the transfer zones.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit