Chinese passengers at Munich Airport will be able to make payments at participating retailers using Alipay from mid-July through a partnership between German payments technology provider Wirecard and airport stores retailer Eurotrade. “Wirecard has integrated Alipay barcode payment into Eurotrade’s central till system,” Wirecard says. “The Alipay mobile payment by barcode will be possible in all 69 Eurotrade shops, at around 160 tills in total, both in the public area and the transfer zones.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API