MasterCard will support the launch of Apple Pay in Switzerland, following the announcement that the mobile payment service is set for expansion across Switzerland, France and Hong Kong at Apple’s WWDC event this week. “We are involved wherever it launches,” the payment network confirmed to NFC World.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service