Merchants with online stores powered by ecommerce platform Shopify will be able to accept Apple Pay for online payments in every country at no extra cost. “You can enable Apple Pay if you’re using Shopify Payments or these other payment gateways — Stripe, Braintree, FirstData, Payeezy, Authorize.Net or CyberSource,” Shopify says. “To activate, simply go to your payment settings in Shopify and click Activate under the Apple Pay section.” Apple announced its plans to take Apple Pay to the web at WWDC earlier this week.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes