Merchants with online stores powered by ecommerce platform Shopify will be able to accept Apple Pay for online payments in every country at no extra cost. “You can enable Apple Pay if you’re using Shopify Payments or these other payment gateways — Stripe, Braintree, FirstData, Payeezy, Authorize.Net or CyberSource,” Shopify says. “To activate, simply go to your payment settings in Shopify and click Activate under the Apple Pay section.” Apple announced its plans to take Apple Pay to the web at WWDC earlier this week.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API