American Express has unveiled Amex Quick Chip, a technology that enables merchants to provide cardmembers with a “more seamless” experience when paying with their EMV chip cards at the point of sale. “With Amex Quick Chip, cardmembers can dip their card during the checkout process and remove it before the transaction is completed,” American Express says. “Amex Quick Chip is available to merchant processors which may deploy the service to interested US merchants through a software update.” Visa unveiled a similar service in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service