PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from digital security giant Gemalto explores the role of NFC-enabled wearables at sporting events and their potential to banish so-called “paper ticket syndrome”. The company is supplying its Celego contactless wristbands for travel and payments across the French city of Lille during Euro 2016 as well as helping Visa in supplying NFC payment rings for Olympians at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Case studies about other Gemalto deployments can be found here.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit