PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from digital security giant Gemalto explores the role of NFC-enabled wearables at sporting events and their potential to banish so-called “paper ticket syndrome”. The company is supplying its Celego contactless wristbands for travel and payments across the French city of Lille during Euro 2016 as well as helping Visa in supplying NFC payment rings for Olympians at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Case studies about other Gemalto deployments can be found here.
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow
- You can now fund your Abra wallet with your American Express card
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles