PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from digital security giant Gemalto explores the role of NFC-enabled wearables at sporting events and their potential to banish so-called “paper ticket syndrome”. The company is supplying its Celego contactless wristbands for travel and payments across the French city of Lille during Euro 2016 as well as helping Visa in supplying NFC payment rings for Olympians at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Case studies about other Gemalto deployments can be found here.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain