More than 200 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This represents a 100% increase since the start of 2016,” the organisation says. “These latest certifications include the first Fido certified products that support Bluetooth for wireless strong authentication.” Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India