More than 200 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This represents a 100% increase since the start of 2016,” the organisation says. “These latest certifications include the first Fido certified products that support Bluetooth for wireless strong authentication.” Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills