More than 200 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This represents a 100% increase since the start of 2016,” the organisation says. “These latest certifications include the first Fido certified products that support Bluetooth for wireless strong authentication.” Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info