More than 200 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This represents a 100% increase since the start of 2016,” the organisation says. “These latest certifications include the first Fido certified products that support Bluetooth for wireless strong authentication.” Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies