Samsung is extending its global collaboration with Citi to deliver Samsung Pay within the Asia Pacific region, specifically in Singapore and Australia. “The partnership marks a new addition to Samsung Pay’s extensive portfolio of major payment networks and banks,” Samsung says. “Further additional markets will be added to the network in the coming months.” Samsung Pay launched in Australia earlier this week and began rolling out across Singapore this month.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan