Samsung is extending its global collaboration with Citi to deliver Samsung Pay within the Asia Pacific region, specifically in Singapore and Australia. “The partnership marks a new addition to Samsung Pay’s extensive portfolio of major payment networks and banks,” Samsung says. “Further additional markets will be added to the network in the coming months.” Samsung Pay launched in Australia earlier this week and began rolling out across Singapore this month.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’