JPMorgan Chase has joined its US rivals in letting its customers transfer money in real time between financial institutions signed up to bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. “JPMorgan, whose Chase QuickPay product handled US$20bn in P2P transfers last year, began offering the service Sunday after customers requested it,” Bloomberg reports. ClearXChange was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions