Samsung Pay has gone live in Singapore, enabling customers of Citibank Singapore, DBS Bank Singapore, POSB Bank Singapore, OCBC Bank and Standard Chartered to make mobile payments with their compatible smartphone wherever MasterCard or Visa is accepted. The mobile payments service launched in Australia on June 15 and plans to roll out Samsung Pay in Singapore on June 16 were revealed last week.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards