Fifteen commercial banks and four specialised financial institutions in Thailand are to begin registration for PromptPay, a mobile P2P service developed by Bank of Thailand (BOT) and the Thai Bankers’ Association. “With this new money transfer service, transferees simply need to link their national ID or mobile phone numbers to their accounts for successful transactions,” BOT says. “All banks confirmed their readiness for the official launch of public registration nationwide from July 15, 2016.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works