Alipay parent company Ant Financial is seeking to buy a 20% stake in Thai online payment provider Ascend Money and to increase its stake to 30% at a later date. “Ascend’s subsidiaries include True Money, an online payment service provider, and Ascend Nano, a licensed financial services provider,” Reuters reports. “Ant Financial, whose Alipay payment platform dominates the online payments industry in China, is looking to expand its presence overseas.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole