Alipay parent company Ant Financial is seeking to buy a 20% stake in Thai online payment provider Ascend Money and to increase its stake to 30% at a later date. “Ascend’s subsidiaries include True Money, an online payment service provider, and Ascend Nano, a licensed financial services provider,” Reuters reports. “Ant Financial, whose Alipay payment platform dominates the online payments industry in China, is looking to expand its presence overseas.”
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?