More than two thirds of UK consumers (68%) believe that cashless technologies will completely replace physical money by 2036, research released by the Mayor of London’s promotional company London & Partners reveals. The figure is higher in London, where three quarters of people believe cash will disappear within 20 years. The research is based on 2,000 respondents and has been released to coincide with London Technology Week, hosted by London & Partners and MasterCard.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet