More than two thirds of UK consumers (68%) believe that cashless technologies will completely replace physical money by 2036, research released by the Mayor of London’s promotional company London & Partners reveals. The figure is higher in London, where three quarters of people believe cash will disappear within 20 years. The research is based on 2,000 respondents and has been released to coincide with London Technology Week, hosted by London & Partners and MasterCard.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform