More than two thirds of UK consumers (68%) believe that cashless technologies will completely replace physical money by 2036, research released by the Mayor of London’s promotional company London & Partners reveals. The figure is higher in London, where three quarters of people believe cash will disappear within 20 years. The research is based on 2,000 respondents and has been released to coincide with London Technology Week, hosted by London & Partners and MasterCard.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works