More than two thirds of UK consumers (68%) believe that cashless technologies will completely replace physical money by 2036, research released by the Mayor of London’s promotional company London & Partners reveals. The figure is higher in London, where three quarters of people believe cash will disappear within 20 years. The research is based on 2,000 respondents and has been released to coincide with London Technology Week, hosted by London & Partners and MasterCard.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments