The number of consumers using contactless ticketing on mobile or wearable devices will approach 300m by 2021, Juniper Research predicts. “This will represent around one in five mobile ticketing users across rail, metro, bus, airline, sports and entertainment,” the firm says. “NFC is unlikely to have much impact in the near-term on the purchase of airline tickets, with this activity remaining largely remote via online or mobile channels.”
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019