The number of consumers using contactless ticketing on mobile or wearable devices will approach 300m by 2021, Juniper Research predicts. “This will represent around one in five mobile ticketing users across rail, metro, bus, airline, sports and entertainment,” the firm says. “NFC is unlikely to have much impact in the near-term on the purchase of airline tickets, with this activity remaining largely remote via online or mobile channels.”
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year