The number of consumers using contactless ticketing on mobile or wearable devices will approach 300m by 2021, Juniper Research predicts. “This will represent around one in five mobile ticketing users across rail, metro, bus, airline, sports and entertainment,” the firm says. “NFC is unlikely to have much impact in the near-term on the purchase of airline tickets, with this activity remaining largely remote via online or mobile channels.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases