PayPal will “hurt” from the launch of Apple Pay on the web, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. “Munster has confidence in merchant adoption of Apple Pay for the web, predicting that as many as 43% of PayPal’s merchants will accept Apple Pay at launch,” AppleInsider reports. “He believes that PayPal may be hurt, in part, by the fact that it does not feature a customer loyalty program.” Apple announced its plans to launch Apple Pay for online payments at WWDC last week.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program