US supermarket giant Walmart has launched its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, making it available in more than 420 stores across the three states. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016. It was rolled out to Alabama and Georgia earlier this week.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent