US supermarket giant Walmart has launched its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, making it available in more than 420 stores across the three states. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016. It was rolled out to Alabama and Georgia earlier this week.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India