Customers of Dutch bank ABN Amro can now send payment requests to others using messaging platform WhatsApp and a new mobile app called Tikkie. “The requester enters the amount in Tikkie and then selects a person from their WhatsApp contacts,” the bank says. “Tikkie creates a link that can be sent with a WhatsApp message. With just one click on the link, the person who receives the message is directed to the iDeal payment environment. The money is automatically credited to [the requester’s] existing current account.”
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores