American Express customers will soon be able to get real-time notifications about their purchases through Facebook’s Messenger app after the company demonstrated how card members can “sign up to receive real-time notifications about their purchases and important information about card benefits and services related to those purchases via an Amex bot for Messenger”. Facebook Bots were unveiled in April to bring a range of new functions to the instant messaging app.
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts