American Express customers will soon be able to get real-time notifications about their purchases through Facebook’s Messenger app after the company demonstrated how card members can “sign up to receive real-time notifications about their purchases and important information about card benefits and services related to those purchases via an Amex bot for Messenger”. Facebook Bots were unveiled in April to bring a range of new functions to the instant messaging app.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies