American Express customers will soon be able to get real-time notifications about their purchases through Facebook’s Messenger app after the company demonstrated how card members can “sign up to receive real-time notifications about their purchases and important information about card benefits and services related to those purchases via an Amex bot for Messenger”. Facebook Bots were unveiled in April to bring a range of new functions to the instant messaging app.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes