Alipay is in negotiations to take a 25% stake in German payments technology provider Wirecard, according to German newspaper Bild. “At the talks, it comes to a share of up to 25%,” the publication reports. “Later, it could well be more.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015 and worked with Alipay to add support for the service across Munich Airport earlier this month.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info