Alipay is in negotiations to take a 25% stake in German payments technology provider Wirecard, according to German newspaper Bild. “At the talks, it comes to a share of up to 25%,” the publication reports. “Later, it could well be more.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015 and worked with Alipay to add support for the service across Munich Airport earlier this month.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones