Alipay is in negotiations to take a 25% stake in German payments technology provider Wirecard, according to German newspaper Bild. “At the talks, it comes to a share of up to 25%,” the publication reports. “Later, it could well be more.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015 and worked with Alipay to add support for the service across Munich Airport earlier this month.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands