Alipay is in negotiations to take a 25% stake in German payments technology provider Wirecard, according to German newspaper Bild. “At the talks, it comes to a share of up to 25%,” the publication reports. “Later, it could well be more.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015 and worked with Alipay to add support for the service across Munich Airport earlier this month.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service