Oberthur Technologies (OT) is working with retail payment operator STET and Cartes Bancaires CB Group (GIE-CB), the regulatory body for the payment card system, to roll out mobile payment services in France. “Banks have commissioned STET and GIE-CB to work together to develop an industrial platform to enable banks to use this new payment method securely,” OT says. “By using OT’s Digital Enablement Platform (DEP), the customers of French banks will be able to use virtual payment cards stored in the digital wallets provided by manufacturers of compatible mobiles.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?