Oberthur Technologies (OT) is working with retail payment operator STET and Cartes Bancaires CB Group (GIE-CB), the regulatory body for the payment card system, to roll out mobile payment services in France. “Banks have commissioned STET and GIE-CB to work together to develop an industrial platform to enable banks to use this new payment method securely,” OT says. “By using OT’s Digital Enablement Platform (DEP), the customers of French banks will be able to use virtual payment cards stored in the digital wallets provided by manufacturers of compatible mobiles.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?