US supermarket chain Walmart has rolled out its Walmart Pay mobile payment service to stores in another 14 US states, including California, New York, Pennsylvania, Idaho and New Mexico as well as states across New England and the Pacific North West. The QR code-based service launched in Arkansas and Texas last month and went live in a further 20 states last week.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones