US supermarket chain Walmart has rolled out its Walmart Pay mobile payment service to stores in another 14 US states, including California, New York, Pennsylvania, Idaho and New Mexico as well as states across New England and the Pacific North West. The QR code-based service launched in Arkansas and Texas last month and went live in a further 20 states last week.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?