More than 350,000 Italians have now registered to use Jiffy, the P2P payment service launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of an individual transaction is around €52 (US$58), while transfers under €25 represent 44% of the total,” SIA says. “23 bank groups have joined the SIA P2P payments service since it was launched.” The service added support for in-store payments via QR code last month.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API