More than 350,000 Italians have now registered to use Jiffy, the P2P payment service launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of an individual transaction is around €52 (US$58), while transfers under €25 represent 44% of the total,” SIA says. “23 bank groups have joined the SIA P2P payments service since it was launched.” The service added support for in-store payments via QR code last month.
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading