More than 350,000 Italians have now registered to use Jiffy, the P2P payment service launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of an individual transaction is around €52 (US$58), while transfers under €25 represent 44% of the total,” SIA says. “23 bank groups have joined the SIA P2P payments service since it was launched.” The service added support for in-store payments via QR code last month.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments