More than 350,000 Italians have now registered to use Jiffy, the P2P payment service launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of an individual transaction is around €52 (US$58), while transfers under €25 represent 44% of the total,” SIA says. “23 bank groups have joined the SIA P2P payments service since it was launched.” The service added support for in-store payments via QR code last month.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year