More than 350,000 Italians have now registered to use Jiffy, the P2P payment service launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of an individual transaction is around €52 (US$58), while transfers under €25 represent 44% of the total,” SIA says. “23 bank groups have joined the SIA P2P payments service since it was launched.” The service added support for in-store payments via QR code last month.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models