US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers