US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards