US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay