More than 25% of US smartphone owners make use of mobile payment apps at least once a month, research from Parks Associates reveals. “More than 3m retailers combined accept Apple Pay and Android Pay, but consumers currently prefer retailer-specific apps such as the Starbucks payment app,” the firm says. “The most dominant payment app is currently PayPal, which is used by one in five smartphone owners.” Retail branded apps take second place, followed by Google Wallet/Android Pay and Apple Pay in third.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info