More than 25% of US smartphone owners make use of mobile payment apps at least once a month, research from Parks Associates reveals. “More than 3m retailers combined accept Apple Pay and Android Pay, but consumers currently prefer retailer-specific apps such as the Starbucks payment app,” the firm says. “The most dominant payment app is currently PayPal, which is used by one in five smartphone owners.” Retail branded apps take second place, followed by Google Wallet/Android Pay and Apple Pay in third.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022