More than 25% of US smartphone owners make use of mobile payment apps at least once a month, research from Parks Associates reveals. “More than 3m retailers combined accept Apple Pay and Android Pay, but consumers currently prefer retailer-specific apps such as the Starbucks payment app,” the firm says. “The most dominant payment app is currently PayPal, which is used by one in five smartphone owners.” Retail branded apps take second place, followed by Google Wallet/Android Pay and Apple Pay in third.
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users
- ABN Amro unveils blockchain-based NFC platform for trade inventory tracking
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary