Passengers on New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) can now pay for tickets and have them validated on their smartphone. “Passengers on Metro North Railroad (MNR) and Long Island Rail Road’s (LIRR) Port Washington Lines will be able to use their smartphones to buy and display tickets to travel using the MTA eTix mobile ticketing app,” technology provider Masabi says. The service, which uses Masabi’s JustRide platform, will be rolled out across all MTA services by the end of the summer.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores