Swedish consumers can now make NFC mobile payments using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform. “It is now possible to pay with Seqr in any store that supports the functionality in Sweden or abroad, even if a retailer has no private agreement with Seqr,” Seamless says. “Later in the autumn, Seamless’ Seqr contactless payment functionality is going to be released to users globally.” Seqr added support for NFC in April 2013 and host card emulation (HCE) support in October 2015.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info