Swedish consumers can now make NFC mobile payments using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform. “It is now possible to pay with Seqr in any store that supports the functionality in Sweden or abroad, even if a retailer has no private agreement with Seqr,” Seamless says. “Later in the autumn, Seamless’ Seqr contactless payment functionality is going to be released to users globally.” Seqr added support for NFC in April 2013 and host card emulation (HCE) support in October 2015.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups