Swedish consumers can now make NFC mobile payments using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform. “It is now possible to pay with Seqr in any store that supports the functionality in Sweden or abroad, even if a retailer has no private agreement with Seqr,” Seamless says. “Later in the autumn, Seamless’ Seqr contactless payment functionality is going to be released to users globally.” Seqr added support for NFC in April 2013 and host card emulation (HCE) support in October 2015.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes