Swedish consumers can now make NFC mobile payments using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform. “It is now possible to pay with Seqr in any store that supports the functionality in Sweden or abroad, even if a retailer has no private agreement with Seqr,” Seamless says. “Later in the autumn, Seamless’ Seqr contactless payment functionality is going to be released to users globally.” Seqr added support for NFC in April 2013 and host card emulation (HCE) support in October 2015.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers