Swedish mobile payment specialist Seamless has acquired third party mobile wallet provider MeaWallet. “The purchase price amounts to approximately SEK 42.8m (US$5.03m) and payment is made through an issue in kind of 4,574,328 new shares in Seamless,” Seamless says. “Through the acquisition, Seamless controls important technology in the rapidly growing field of contactless payments.”
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards