US consumers will soon be able to withdraw cash from 70,000 ATMs belonging to Payment Alliance International (PAI) using their mobile phones through banking and payment technologies provider FIS’ Cardless Cash ATM functionality. “The partnership connects FIS Cardless Cash with PAI and brings mobile access to ATMs located at many of the nation’s largest retailers, gas stations, convenience stores and more,” FIS says. Cardless Cash was launched in January 2015 and had recorded hundreds of thousands of transactions by February 2016.
- Tappy adds biometric security to wearable payments devices
- Alipay demonstrates offline QR payments for public transport fares
- GlobalPlatform reports growth in secure element shipments
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week