Samsung is preparing to launch its own rewards program that will let consumers earn and redeem points each time they use Samsung Pay. “The application process at the local patent office is already done and the membership program should help Samsung lure new users and sell more Samsung smartphones,” Android Headlines reports. Samsung Pay added loyalty cards to the service in the US in May 2016.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers