Apple has added a further 13 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US. “The system now supports over 1,200 individual banks and credit unions in the US alone,” iMore reports. “This is in addition to the more than 30 financial institutions supported across Australia, Canada, China, Singapore and the UK.” The mobile payment service launched in France earlier this week as well as in Hong Kong.
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts
- Russian banks roll out mobile P2P payments
- Amex files blockchain proof of payment patent
- Nordic banks to build new payments infrastructure for instant cross-border payments