Apple has added a further 13 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US. “The system now supports over 1,200 individual banks and credit unions in the US alone,” iMore reports. “This is in addition to the more than 30 financial institutions supported across Australia, Canada, China, Singapore and the UK.” The mobile payment service launched in France earlier this week as well as in Hong Kong.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India