Customers of Africa’s Absa Bank can now conduct banking transactions through Facebook Messenger using the bank’s ChatBanking feature. The service will allow customers to retrieve balances, buy airtime or data for their mobile phone, view statements, buy prepaid electricity and make money transfers. “In a one-time only process, Absa customers who are registered for Absa Online and have access to the Express tab can register for ChatBanking for Facebook Messenger,” Absa says. The feature was made available in May 2016 through Twitter.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points