Customers of Africa’s Absa Bank can now conduct banking transactions through Facebook Messenger using the bank’s ChatBanking feature. The service will allow customers to retrieve balances, buy airtime or data for their mobile phone, view statements, buy prepaid electricity and make money transfers. “In a one-time only process, Absa customers who are registered for Absa Online and have access to the Express tab can register for ChatBanking for Facebook Messenger,” Absa says. The feature was made available in May 2016 through Twitter.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform