Customers of Africa’s Absa Bank can now conduct banking transactions through Facebook Messenger using the bank’s ChatBanking feature. The service will allow customers to retrieve balances, buy airtime or data for their mobile phone, view statements, buy prepaid electricity and make money transfers. “In a one-time only process, Absa customers who are registered for Absa Online and have access to the Express tab can register for ChatBanking for Facebook Messenger,” Absa says. The feature was made available in May 2016 through Twitter.
- Fossil launches sports watch with NFC payments
- Veterans charity uses contactless cards to collect donations via NFC
- PNC Bank to offer dynamic CVV cards to commercial customers
- Singapore Post adds NFC tags to 15,000 mail boxes
- Google Pay goes live in the United Arab Emirates