Almost two thirds of US consumers (62%) expect the country to become a cashless society in their lifetime, research released by Gallup reveals. “Solid majorities in all age groups say they can foresee a US society without cash, including 58% of those 65 and older and 63% of 18-to-29 year olds,” the firm says. “54% still say they like to have cash on them at all times. 42% say they are comfortable not having cash on them.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works