Bitcoin wallet Coinbase has expanded into Australia. “Customers in Australia can now buy Bitcoin and Ether using their credit and debit cards,” the company says. “Please note that at this time, users in Australia can only buy digital currency. We hope to add the ability to sell digital currency as well soon.” Coinbase added PayPal and credit card support in June 2016.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit