Global revenues for biometric banking technologies are expected to top US$4bn by 2021, ABI Research has revealed. “Biometric market hype is shifting away from consumer electronics and toward biometric banking technologies that appeal to millennials,” the firm says. “Ease of transaction, increased security and greater user experience are the top tier features that attract customers to biometric banking.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole