Global revenues for biometric banking technologies are expected to top US$4bn by 2021, ABI Research has revealed. “Biometric market hype is shifting away from consumer electronics and toward biometric banking technologies that appeal to millennials,” the firm says. “Ease of transaction, increased security and greater user experience are the top tier features that attract customers to biometric banking.”
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app