Global revenues for biometric banking technologies are expected to top US$4bn by 2021, ABI Research has revealed. “Biometric market hype is shifting away from consumer electronics and toward biometric banking technologies that appeal to millennials,” the firm says. “Ease of transaction, increased security and greater user experience are the top tier features that attract customers to biometric banking.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?