Samsung is involved in “detailed work” with South African banks and regulators to launch Samsung Pay in the country early next year. “We are quite far down the line talking to local banks,” says Craige Fleischer, the company’s South African director for integrated mobility, as reported by Techcentral.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole