Chinese internet giant Alibaba is developing virtual reality-enabled mobile payment technology, according to China Daily. The company is working on a project that would “allow users to pay bills in a 3D virtual world by nodding their heads or making other gestures to log in payment accounts,” the publication reports. No official release date has been given, though an Alibaba employee has been quoted saying September is a possibility.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India