Chinese internet giant Alibaba is developing virtual reality-enabled mobile payment technology, according to China Daily. The company is working on a project that would “allow users to pay bills in a 3D virtual world by nodding their heads or making other gestures to log in payment accounts,” the publication reports. No official release date has been given, though an Alibaba employee has been quoted saying September is a possibility.
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones