Chinese internet giant Alibaba is developing virtual reality-enabled mobile payment technology, according to China Daily. The company is working on a project that would “allow users to pay bills in a 3D virtual world by nodding their heads or making other gestures to log in payment accounts,” the publication reports. No official release date has been given, though an Alibaba employee has been quoted saying September is a possibility.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay