US consumers will soon be able to make mobile payments at vending machines belonging to American Food & Vending, by tapping their device against a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) plug-in dongle provided by digital payments enabler PayRange. “The PayRange app may be funded with credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, coupons and even payroll deductions,” the company says. PayRange raised US$12m in June 2015.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends