US consumers will soon be able to make mobile payments at vending machines belonging to American Food & Vending, by tapping their device against a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) plug-in dongle provided by digital payments enabler PayRange. “The PayRange app may be funded with credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, coupons and even payroll deductions,” the company says. PayRange raised US$12m in June 2015.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York